FAB Subtitler BCAST is a software package for a PC with Windows which is used for automatic transmission of subtitles in multiple languages.
Subtitles can be transmitted as:
- Open (in-vision) subtitles keyed over image.
- Teletext subtitles inserted into SDI or transmitted as SDI/IP or TS/IP or TS/ASI.
- DVB subtitles transmitted as TS/IP or TS/ASI.
- CEA-608/708 Closed Captions inserted into SDI.
- Subtitles for HLS/DASH live streaming independent of live streaming encoder.
- Many outgoing network protocols are supported for transmission of subtitles (i.e. EBU-TT Live, ESUB-XF, NEWFOR, FAB, …).
Subtitles can be transmitted from different sources:
- Subtitles from subtitle files with timecode. Files necessary for transmission of subtitles will be downloaded from a file server or FAB Subtitle Database and deleted when not required anymore.
- Subtitles received over network from live subtitling workstations. Many network protocols (NEWFOR, FAB, ESUB-XF, …) are supported for reception of subtitles.
- Subtitles received over SDI video as teletext subtitles can be retransmitted as teletext subtitles or converted to another format.
- Subtitles received from live transcription service where audio from SDI or IP input is sent to the transcription service and received text is transmitted as subtitles to enable 100% automatic subtitling.
Transmission is triggered by an ID and starting timecode or by a special command received from the playout/automation system. Many different playout/automation systems incl. Imagine, Pebble Beach, Aveco, Etere, are supported …
Master/Hot-Standby operation with automatic switchover in case of failure is supported.
FAB Subtitler XCD is a software package for PC which includes the same functionality as FAB Subtitler BCAST with the following limitations:
- Transmission of subtitles is only possible from one of the following sources: subtitle file or SDI video or network. To use a different source the software has to be reconfigured.
- The subtitle editor is not included
For a detailed comparison of functionality please read the Product comparison page.
The software works in the following way
- Subtitle files for transmission have to be stored on the local hard disk or on a file server.
- The filename of the subtitle file corresponds to the ID of the playlist item in automation system.
- The automation system sends the ID when it starts transmitting a new playlist item.
- FAB Subtitler BCAST/XCD will search for the subtitle filename ID.stl
- If the subtitle file is found FAB Subtitler BCAST will open it and start transmitting it.
- Subtitles are synchronized to timecode which is received from automation system.
For other functionalities, i.e. live transcription, reception of teletext subtitles from SDI special commands are available which activate/deactivate the necessary operation mode.
Supported automation systems
- Imagine/Harris ADC100
- Imagine/ Harris D-Series
- Pebble Beach Neptune/Marine
- SAM Morpheus Automation
- PlayBox AirBox
- Avocent Landscape
- VPS/PDC signal received on video input
- Windows 10, 16GB RAM, Quad core CPU
- or Windows Server 2016 64 Bit or higher, 16GB RAM, Quad core CPU
Models & Specifications
|FT-SUBTITLER BCAST FAB Subtitler Broadcast Edition|
|Software for playlist based automatic transmission of subtitles with interface to automation systems (i.e. Louth, Harris, Encoda, SGT, Pebble Beach, Drake, OnAir, Etere, Probel, Playbox,.) and VPS/PDC. Standard software for 1 PC incl. 12 months software updates and 12 months technical support.|
|FT-SUBTITLER XCD FAB Subtitler XCD Edition|
|Software for transmission of subtitles from subtitle files or subtitles received over network or subtitles received from a video signal. Standard software for 1 PC incl. 12 months software updates and 12 months technical support.|
|FT-SUBTITLER LANG FAB Subtitler Additional Language|
|Support for one additional language for FAB Subtitler in multilingual mode.|