The following FAB solutions are available for subtitle conversions:
- Conversion of subtitle files using FAB Subtitler STD/PRO/LIVE/MPEG
- Conversion of teletext subtitles to DVB subtitles using SDI/ASI/IP
1. Conversion of subtitles files using FAB Subtitler STD/PRO/LIVE/MPEG
FAB Subtitler STD is a software package for Windows which includes the following functionality among others:
- Import of subtitle files in many different formats.
- Export of subtitle files to many different formats.
- The conversion (import=export) of subtitle files can be done manually or in batch mode for many files at once.
- FAB Subtitler PRO/LIVE/MPEG also support automatic conversion of files using watchfolers.
A list of supported import and export file formats is available here.
2. Conversion of teletext subtitles to DVB subtitles using SDI/ASI/IP
The following system can be used for conversion of teletext subtitles to DVB subtitles:
- FAB SDI PCIe card supports two HD/SD-SDI inputs for reading of teletext subtitles. Multiple cards can be used in one computer.
- One FT-SUBTITLER BCAST/XCD is required for every SDI input.
- One FT-DVB FAB DVB Interface is required for transmission of DVB subtitles to a DVB Multiplexer over ASI or TS/IP.