FAB PCIe SDI Card FT-HT 14 is a PCI Express card which can be used for insertion of teletext data into SD/HD/3G-SDI and for reading of VBI/VANC data from the Main and Aux SD/HD/3G-SDI input.
The card has a Main SD/HD/3G-SDI input which is passed to the SD/HD/3G-SDI output and is protected by a bypass relay which switches to bypass during a power failure. The card also switches to bypass when the FAB software is not working properly or is not started. The additional Aux SD/HD/3G-SDI input can be used to connect a second SDI signal to read timecode or teletext.
The card can be installed into a low profile and high profile PCI Express x1 slot. Drivers for Windows are available and the firmware update can be run from Windows when it may become necessary to update the card.
The card has been tested with HPE ProLiant DL360Gen10 and DL380Gen10 servers. Compatibility with other PCs and servers is not guaranteed.
- Insertion of open subtitles into SD/HD/3G-SDI with FAB Subtitler PRO/LIVE/MPEG/BCAST/XCD.
- Insertion of teletext into SD/HD/3G-SDI (ETS 300 706, OP42, OP47, SMPTE 2031) with FAB Teletext Generator.
- Insertion of CEA-608/708 closed captions into SD/HD/3G-SDI with FAB Subtitler PRO/LIVE/MPEG/BCAST/XCD.
- Reading of teletext and VPS from VBI in SD-SDI or VANC in HD/3G-SDI with FAB Subtitler PRO/LIVE/MPEG/BCAST/XCD.
- Reading of VITC timecode in SD-SDI and ATC timecode in HD/3G-SDI with FAB Subtitler PRO/LIVE/MPEG/BCAST/XCD.
- 2 SD/HD/3G-SDI Inputs (Main&Aux), one SD/HD/3G-SDI Output
- Supported video formats: SD, HD, 3G Level A
- Insertion of open subtitles, teletext subtitles and closed captions into Main SD/HD-SDI video path, delay between SDI input and SDI output is approx. 1μs
- Reads VITC timecode and teletext from Main or Aux SD/HD-SDI video input
- Broadcast quality inserter for SD/HD-SDI video, BNC in/out with bypass relay in case of power, hardware or software failure
FAB PCIe Card can be delivered with 19” 1U HPE ProLiant DL360 Server with RAID-1 mirrored hard disk and redundant power supply
- Can be delivered with 19” 1U/2U HPE ProLiant DL360/DL380 Server with 2 hard disks as RAID-1, Windows Server.
- Compatible with FAB Teletext Generator and FAB Subtitler PRO, MPEG, LIVE, BCAST which must be installed on the same PC
Video path security
- The FT-HT 14 card is designed in a way that it has a bypass relay for SDI so that in case of failure of the server hardware or power loss the SDI switches to bypass.
- The switching of the bypass relay always occurs in the VANC part of the SDI signal so that nothing is visible in the picture when the bypass relay switches from/to bypass. This means that even when switching the server on or off or rebooting it (for example after installing Windows Updates) there will be no visible disturbance in the video/picture.
- Windows 10, 16GB RAM, Quad core CPU
- or Windows Server 2016 64 Bit or higher, 16GB RAM, Quad core CPU
- PCIe x1 or x4 or x8 or x16 Slot
Models & Specifications
|FT-HT 14 FAB PCIe Card|
|PCI-Express x1 SD/HD-SDI keyer card for high/low profile PCIe slot with additional SD/HD/3G-SDI input for decoding of VPS/Teletext/Timecode incl. driver for Windows 10 or higher.|