- About F.A. Bernhardt GmbH, FAB
F.A. Bernhardt GmbH (trading as “FAB“) is a company incorporated in Germany (Register number HRB 43948, VAT No. DE128358680) with its registered address at Melkstattweg 27, 83646 Bad Tölz, Germany.
FAB is a data controller for the purposes of the applicable data protection legislation in respect of the data it gathers from you and other users of our Website and/or Services.
This Privacy Statement sets out how we will deal with all collected data, which can identify you or which can be used together with other information we are likely to have access to identify you (“Personal Data”).
- Information that we collect
In running and maintaining our Website and/or the Services we may collect the following Personal Data:
Information you give us This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site, purchasing our Services or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Services, register to subscribe to our newsletter, participate in social media functions on our site, enter a survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers.
Information we collect about you When you visit our site, we will automatically collect the following information:
– technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, screen resolution, operating system and platform; and
– information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources Where you have ordered or contracted with us for any Services, we may also be provided with your Personal Data via organisations we interact with in the relevant sector, such as our billing providers. We only use this data in order to deliver our Services We do not process any special categories of data (also commonly referred to as “sensitive personal data”).
- How we use and process your Personal Data
To enter into contracts with you Where you enter into a contract with us for our Services, we need to process your personal data to provide these Services to you. Our use of your personal data in this way includes sharing your personal data with the third-party agents, consultants and contractors we need to in order to provide the Services, as well as for the purposes of assessing fraud, credit and/or security risks. We need to process your personal data in this way to enter into and perform the contract for the Services you have asked us to provide. If you do not wish to provide us with your personal data in this way, you will be unable to use our Services.
When you contact us and when we provide customer services to you We may also process your personal data in order to provide various supporting customer services to you (such as where you contact us with a question in connection with our other services which we might be able to provide to you). Our legitimate interest to provide effective customer support services and we rely on your consent to handle your personal information in this way. If you do not provide us with the personal data we request from you for customer services purposes, we may not be able to fully answer your queries.
To make our site better We will also process your personal data in order to provide you with a more effective user experience (such as by displaying our website in a way which is tailored for your device and browsing habits). This processing means that your experience of our site will be more tailored to you, and that the Services you see on our site may differ from someone accessing the same site with different browsing habits. We also use various cookies to help us improve our site (more details are set out in our Cookies section), and share your personal data with third party analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. We will also process your personal data for the purposes of making our site more secure, and to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. The data processing condition we use in these circumstances is our legitimate interest to provide you with the best customer experience we can, and to ensure that our site is kept secure. You can prevent us from using your personal information in this way by using the ‘do not track’ functionality in your internet browser. If you enable do not track functionality, our site may be less tailored to your needs and preferences.
If our business is sold We will transfer your personal data to a third party:
– in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets (at all times in accordance with data protection legislation); or
– if Cantab Research Limited or substantially all its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us about our customers will be one of the assets transferred to the purchaser. In each case, the data processing condition we rely on when we process your data in these circumstances is our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by a purchaser. If you object to our use of your personal data in this way, the relevant seller or buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
For marketing purposes If you have opted in via our website to receive marketing communications from us, we will handle your personal information for example (your name, email address and postal address and telephone number) to provide you with marketing communications in line with any preferences you have told us about. When we send you marketing emails, we rely on your consent to contact you for marketing purposes. Every email we send to you for marketing purposes will also contain instructions on how to unsubscribe from receiving them. You are not under any obligation to provide us with your personal data for marketing purposes. You can tell us that you do not want your personal information to be processed in this way at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or, where relevant, by following the unsubscribe link shown in every marketing communication you receive from us.
- Keeping your information secure
FAB takes seriously the trust you place in us. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, FAB utilises reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information you send us. FAB retains data only as required or permitted by local law and while it has a legitimate business purpose.
- Where we store your data
- How long we store your information for
Where you receive our services, we will retain your data for as long as you are a client of F.A. Bernhardt GmbH, and for a minimum of six years afterwards, to ensure that we are able to assist you should you have any questions, feedback or issues in connection with any of the Services you have received from us. Where we have processed your data for any other reason (such as where you have contacted us with a question in connection with our Services) subject to the paragraph above, we will retain your data for three years.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. For more information please read the advice at https://www.aboutcookies.org.
- Your rights under data protection laws
Right access You have the right to receive confirmation as to whether your personal data is being processed by us, as well as various other information relating to our use of your personal data. You also have the right to access your personal data which we are processing. You can exercise the right in a variety of ways, and the easiest way for you do to this is likely to be contacting us at the email address detailed at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
Right to rectification You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data we hold about you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal data we hold about you completed, by providing a supplementary statement to us.
Right to restriction You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data where:
– the accuracy of the personal data is being contested by you;
– the processing by us of your personal data is unlawful, but you do not want the relevant Personal Data erased;
– we no longer need to process your personal data for the agreed purposes, but you want to preserve your personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
– we are processing your personal data because of our legitimate interest to improve our site, provide customer services, or on the sale of our business (as set out above) and you:
– object to our processing as set out above; and
– want processing of the relevant personal data to be restricted until it can be determined whether our legitimate interest overrides your legitimate interest.
Where any exercise by you of your right to restriction determines that our processing of particular personal data is to be restricted, we will then only process the relevant personal data in accordance with your consent and, in addition, for storage purposes and for the purpose of legal claims.
Right to data portability You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, standard machine-readable format and the right to transmit such personal data to another controller.
Right to data erasure You have the right to require we erase your personal data which we are processing where one of the following grounds applies:
– the processing is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which your personal data were collected or otherwise processed;
– our processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have subsequently withdrawn your consent and there is no other legal ground we can use to process your personal data;
– you object to the processing in as set out in this Privacy Statement and we have no overriding legitimate interest for our processing;
– the Personal Data have been unlawfully processed; and
– the erasure is required for compliance with a law to which we are subject.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in Germany.
- Your right to object under data protection laws
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data where we are processing your personal data:
- based on our legitimate interests to improve our site, provide customer services, or on the sale of our business (as set out above). If you ask us to stop processing your personal data for these reasons, we will stop processing your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling grounds as to why the processing should continue in accordance with data protection laws; and
- for direct marking purposes. If you ask us to stop processing your personal data on this basis, we will stop.
- Third party links
- Changes to our Privacy Statement
Any changes we may make to our Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on our Website and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Statement.
- Contacting us
Please do not hesitate to Contact Us regarding any matter relating to this Privacy Statement and our Terms & Conditions.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 2020-05-23.