The following FAB solutions are available for subtitling of live programs:
- Using FAB Subtitler LIVE
- Using IP based gateway functionality of FAB Subtitler BCAST/XCD
1. Using FAB Subtitler LIVE
FAB Subtitler LIVE is a software package for Windows which includes the following functionality among others:
- Typing of live subtitles with a computer keyboard.
- Dictation of live subtitles using a speech recognition software like Dragon Naturally Speaking.
- Display of live video on PC monitor.
- Transmission of subtitles over IP to the subtitle transmission system FAB Subtitler BCAST/XCD and other services like Youtube.
- Import of news rundown from a news system like iNews, OpenMedia, Octopus, … and easy transformation to subtitles.
A detailed description of FAB Subtitler LIVE is available here.
2. Using IP based gateway functionality of FAB Subtitler BCAST/XCD
The following functionality is available in FAB Subtitler BCAST/XCD which allows external companies to provide live subtitles for remote TV stations:
- Receives live IPTV over UDP from the TV station and provides live IPTV to multiple FAB Subtitler LIVE workstations without the need to use multicast.
- Receives live subtitles over TCP from multiple FAB Subtitler LIVE workstations and sends them over TCP to the TV station to teletext inserters, DVB transmission systems and live streaming encoders.
- Saves STL and XML Timed Text subtitle file for every transmitted program with subtitles.