- Basic Products
FAB PCIe Card
FAB PCIe Card FT-HT 14 is a PCI Express card which can be used for insertion of teletext data into SD/HD/3G-SDI and for reading of VBI/VANC data from the Main and Aux SD/HD/3G-SDI input.
The card has a Main SD/HD/3G-SDI input which is passed to the SD/HD/3G-SDI output and is protected by a bypass relay which switches to bypass during a power failure. The card also switches to bypass when the FAB software is not working properly or is not started. The additional Aux SD/HD/3G-SDI input can be used to connect a second SDI signal to read timecode or teletext.
The card can be installed into a low profile and high profile PCI Express x1 slot. Drivers for Windows are available and the firmware update can be run from Windows when it may become necessary to update the card.
The card has been tested with HPE ProLiant DL360Gen10 and DL380Gen10 servers. Compatibility with other PCs and servers is not guaranteed.
The card can be used for:
- 2 SD/HD/3G-SDI Inputs (Main&Aux), one SD/HD/3G-SDI Output
- Supported video formats: SD, HD, 3G Level A
- Insertion of open subtitles, teletext subtitles and closed captions into Main SD/HD-SDI video path, delay between SDI input and SDI output is approx. 1μs
- Reads VITC timecode and teletext from Main or Aux SD/HD-SDI video input
|FAB PCIe Card can be delivered with 19 1U HPE ProLiant DL360 Server with RAID-1 mirrored hard disk and redundant power supply
- Broadcast quality inserter for SD/HD-SDI video, BNC in/out with bypass relay in case of power, hardware or software failure
- Can be delivered with 19 1U/2U HPE ProLiant DL360/DL380 Server with 2 hard disks as RAID-1, Windows Server.
- Compatible with FAB Teletext Generator and FAB Subtitler PRO, MPEG, LIVE, BCAST which must be installed on the same PC
Video path security
- The FT-HT 14 card is designed in a way that it has a bypass relay for SDI so that in case of failure of the server hardware or power loss the SDI switches to bypass.
- The switching of the bypass relay always occurs in the VANC part of the SDI signal so that nothing is visible in the picture when the bypass relay switches from/to bypass. This means that even when switching the server on or off or rebooting it (for example after installing Windows Updates) there will be no visible disturbance in the video/picture.
- Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 or higher 64 Bit, 4GB RAM
- PCIe x1 or x4 or x8 or x16 Slot