Subtitling - Production
FAB Subtitler MPEG
FAB Subtitler MPEG is a software package for a PC with Windows which is used for insertion of subtitles into video files. FAB Subtitler MPEG can insert in-vision (open), DVB bitmap and teletext subtitles directly into video (MXF) or transport stream (TS) files. It can also extract teletext subtitles with timecode from TS and MXF files.
The software includes all functions of FAB Subtitler STD , FAB Subtitler PRO and FAB Subtitler LIVE.
Video files and subtitle files have to be stored in a shared watchfolder on a file server. FAB Subtitler MPEG will create a copy of the video file with inserted subtitles. That way the broadcast video server can play video files with subtitles without a need for an additional subtitle transmission system. Multiple FAB Subtitle MPEG instances can work on the same watchfolder simultaneously and therefore multiple video files can be processed at the same time
The following functionality is included in FAB Subtitler MPEG:
- Insertion of open subtitles into MXF (MPEG2 codec), MPEG2 and WMV files
- Insertion of teletext subtitles into SD and HD MXF files
- Insertion of DVB bitmap subtitles into TS files
- Insertion of teletext subtitles into TS files
- Extraction of teletext subtitles with timecode from TS and MXF files
- Automatic operation through a watchfolder
- Automatic operation through a RESTful API or XML command files
- Multiple instances of FAB Subtitle MPEG can work on the same watchfolder
- Multiple languages are supported
Insertion of in-vision (open) subtitles into MXF, MPEG2 and WMV files
- When inserting open subtitles into MXF files the main video stream in the MXF container is replaced by a new video stream with inserted in-vision (open) subtitles. Most MPEG2 formats are supported like IMX D10-25, D10-30, D10-40, D10-50, XDCAM for HD video and other MPEG2 formats with variable and constant bitrates in addition to DV and WMV (Windows Media / VC1) formats.
Insertion of teletext subtitles into MXF files
- When inserting teletext subtitles into MXF files the teletext data is written into the VBI part of the file. For SD video files teletext is mostly either in the first 32 lines of the picture (VBI). For HD video files teletext is stored in special area of the MXF file as defined by SMPTE 328M (as user data within the video essence), SMPTE 436M and RDD9 (XDCAM) (as a separate MXF track). Teletext formats OP47 and SMPTE 2031 are supported.
Insertion of DVB bitmap subtitles (ETSI 300743) into transport stream (TS) files
- An additional stream with a seaparate PID is added into the transport stream file. Any format of the video file (MPEG2/MPEG4/H.264/...) is supported. Multiple languages are supported.
Insertion of Teletext subtitles (ETSI 300706) into transport stream (TS) files
- An additional stream with a separate PID is added into the transport stream file. Any format of the video file (MPEG2/MPEG4/H.264...) is supported. Multiple languages are supported.
Conversion of subtitle files to a different format
- Subtitle files can be converted to a number of different formats, including DVD, Blu-ray, XML Timed Text, PAC, RAC, 890, XML, DFXP and many other formats.
Extraction of teletext subtitles with timecode from TS and MXF files
- Video files in TS and MXF format can be opened and subtitles detected in the teletext track will be converted into subtitle files with timecode. Every teletetext page number will be converted into a separate subtitle file.
The automation API is available so that the insertion of subtitles into files and conversion of subtitle files to a different format can be controlled by external applications through:
- REST Webservice API
- XML command files
- Simple watchfolder operation
- Windows 7 64 Bit or higher, 4GB RAM, Quad core CPU
- or Windows Server 2008 R2 64 Bit or higher, 8GB RAM, Quad core CPU
- (PC with Intel Core i7 7700 or better CPU is recommended for live video display)
FAB Subtitler MPEG Edition
Software for preparation and production of subtitles. Supports timecode reader and video in a window cards, video files, DVD, HD-DVD, Blu-ray and Digital Cinema export, Decklink SDI cards. Records video files to hard disk, inserts subtitles into WMV, TS, MPEG2 and MXF files and converts video to WMV format. HD compatible. Standard software for 1 PC incl. 12 months software updates and 12 months technical support.
FAB Subtitler Additional Language
Support for one additional language for FAB Subtitler in multilingual mode.