FAB Media Converter
FAB Media Converter is a software package for PC which converts many different video file formats to low bitrate WMV video files which can be used for preparation of subtitles.
The resulting video file:
- Includes detected scene changes as metadata
- Includes timecode as metadata if it was present in the source (i.e. MXF) video file
- Includes burnt-in visible timecode if this functionality is activated in settings
- Has a very low video/audio bitrate but still a very good picture and audio quality
- Timecode from input video files is detected and written into the output file as metadata and optionally as burnt-in visible timecode.
When the source video file contains multiple timecodes (MXF) it is possible to choose the correct timecode source. When the source video file does not contain timecode but the timecode is burnt into the video it is possible to enter the timecode manually at the beginning of the conversion.
- Scene changes/cuts in the input video file are detected during the conversion process and written into the output file as metadata.
- Automatic operation mode with a watchfolder is supported. As soon as a new video file is detected in the folder the file will be converted automatically.
Supported input video formats
- MXF with MPEG2/DV/H.264 video
- WMV, MOV, MP4, TS, AVI, VOB
video is highly compressed because Windows Media WMV format is used.
The Video Codec 1 (VC1) that is used allows bitrates between 200 kbit/s
Because WMV video files are very small they can be downloaded by subtitlers over the internet. When using the lowest possible bitrate of 200 kbit/s a 90 minutes
movie is encoded into a 135MB video file. When using a 2MBit/s internet line
this file can be downloaded in less than 9 minutes.
- Windows 7 64 Bit or higher, 4GB RAM, Quad core CPU
- or Windows Server 2008 R2 64 Bit or higher, 8GB RAM, Quad core CPU
FAB Media Converter Software
Standard Software for 1 PC
Includes software license, 12 months software updates and 12 months technical support